Thursday, August 23, 2007

Headline: "Computer Illiterate Already Dissed"

While sharing the title of my new blog with my much younger, much more computer savvy boss, she found great hilarity in the length of my title (Who am I and other questions for Jesus). I suppose that in itself shows my lack of techno hipness. Feeling much akin to a goober at this point, I immediately thought about changing said title, but after a moment of clarity, I decided I am who I am, so love me anyway.


I have been struggling with a lousy self-image lately and praying a lot about it. Maybe God wants to humble me. I have even considered that maybe God is letting me take on my brother-in-law's life-crippling low self esteem so he can get better. I have been praying for him for years.


For the last 23 years, I have been consumed with my kid's comings and goings. Now that my youngest is in college, I have way too much time to think. It's amazing how easy it is to become self-centered. Our very wise parish priest tells me to pray for a new passion. OK God, I'm passionately praying for a new passion. Do you hear me?

3 comments:

Sarah Reinhard said...

OK, so I just posted about this, dear Ann...I laughed because I think your title is PERFECT for you!!! And I laugh about all kinds of things, dear, you know that - it doesn't mean anything other than that I'm overflowing with something that needs to come out (aside from a baby, in this case...).

I am interested in your perspective of motherhood, and I've told you that before (right around the first 1000 times I told you to start a blog, maybe?). I look forward to hearing about your journey in motherhood (and Hubby looks forward to hearing me talk about it, I'm sure) and your travels through life.

And I can't WAIT to hear the humor come through. Oh watch out world!!! :)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hi and welcome! I guess I am one of the "non-spring chickens" that Sarah was referring to (wink). My kids' ages are 5, 11 and 15. But I just wanted to reassure you that we all start out not knowing how any of this works, and find kind friends who explain stuff, and make mistakes, and learn things the hard way....it will get easier and you will get to "meet" some very wonderful people. Have fun!

Jodi said...

Ann, I hope this makes you feel better but when I started my blog, Sarah had to point me to making a new post because I just kept posting comments to my original post! To think, I work in the tech field!